After closing, our exclusive property management company, Pathlight, becomes your point of contact. This team works with you to handle rent and utility payments, property maintenance, and everything in between. During the inspection, Pathlight identifies if a home does not meet safety standards and completes necessary repairs to ensure a safe and functional home. They prepare the house for move-in, which includes approved renovation requests and basic cleaning. Before moving in, you are introduced to Pathlight with a Welcome
Email that includes essential information and a guide to moving in. On the morning of move-in, you will receive instructions on accessing the keys. Pathlight has a convenient online Resident Portal for you to make payments, submit maintenance requests, and contact their team.
The Property Management company ensures safe conditions and that the following function properly:
- Roof and foundation
- Handrails and posts (installations for additional safety if applicable)
- Windows and exterior door locks
- The garage door and garage door opener (if applicable)
- Breaker panels
- Light bulbs in all fixtures
- Kitchen Appliances
- Well/septic systems (if applicable)
- Sinks and toilets
- Sump pump
- Furnace, AC, and hot water heater
- Smoke/CO detectors and fire extinguishers (installed as required by code)
- Fireplace and flue (if applicable)
You are responsible for minor repairs during your Lease term.
- Replace light bulbs
- Change thermostat and smoke detector batteries, and test smoke/
- CO detectors
- Unclog toilets, sinks, and other drains
- Minor repairs to doors and walls
- Maintain and replace blinds
- Change HVAC filter(s) delivered from Second Nature
- Change water filters, softeners, and ice makers
- Monitor interior humidity and condensation levels
- Pest control
- Landscaping and irrigation
- Maintain and repair fences
- Unit cleaning
- Window screens
- Disposal of garbage and recycling
- Daily upkeep of swimming pools8
- Clean the exterior and interior of the home accordingly
- Walk pets on a leash and clean up waste
Including controlling water levels and winterization. Monthly pool service fees are not included in the rent or Right to Purchase prices listed on our website.
Homeowner’s Associations and Municipalities
Your home may be located within a Homeowner’s Association (HOA) and/or municipality that makes and enforces rules for the properties and its residents to ensure that the neighborhood is at its best. Please familiarize yourself with HOA and/or municipality rules and regulations. Common codes include standards on noise, landscaping, parking, vehicle types, pets, trash bins, and exterior storage. We recommend regularly reviewing the policies of your HOA and/or municipality. We provide a copy of the rules and regulations in your Resident Portal to view at any time. Typically, they can also be found on the HOA website or local county records.
We are happy to pay monthly assessments and encourage you to take advantage of the amenities offered by your HOA. We ask that you cover the charge if a key fob is required.
Failure to abide by HOA and/or municipality’s rules and regulations will result in a violation. If this occurs, you will be responsible for correcting any issues. Fines assessed by HOAs and/or municipalities deemed a resident responsibility will be charged to you to your Resident Portal during your Lease term.